The VS-Games conference aims to provide a forum for researchers from different disciplines to share new case studies of practice, to present virtual world infrastructure developments, as well as new frameworks, methodologies and theories relevant to our community. The conference will explore games and virtual worlds in relation to:
- Novel technologies
- Methodologies, theories and frameworks
- Evaluation approaches and studies
Topics of Interest
- AI applications for serious games
- Serious games methodologies
- User-modelling in serious games
- Pervasive gaming
- Interactivity issues
- Game design
- Alternate reality games
- Virtual environments
- Augmented reality
- Visualisation techniques
- Human-computer interaction
- Mobile games
- Education and learning
- Multimedia gaming
- Case studies in serious games and virtual worlds
- Paper submission deadline: 15th February 2019
- Short Paper, Poster submission deadline: 31st March 2019
- Workshop proposal deadline: 31st March 2019
- Notification of acceptance for full papers: 15th March 2019
- Notification of acceptance for short papers, posters: 15th May 2019
- Camera ready: TBA
Accepted papers must be presented orally in English at VS-Games 2019. This event uses a triple-blind reviewing approach, so please be sure to remove all personal data (such as authors, affiliations, etc.) from your submission. References to your own work should be made in the third person to maintain anonymity. Reviewers are asked to keep confidential all materials sent to them for evaluation. Non-anonymous submissions will be rejected without review. One registered participant may present up to two papers.
For the past 10 years, VS-Games had a single submission track for all papers. However, this year VS-Games will have two separate topics for full papers:
- Technical – Computer Graphics
- Educational – Serious Games
Electronic submission of all papers is mandatory and will be conducted using the EasyChair system. Papers must be written in English, must be anonymized, and must be formatted according to IEEE standards (A4 template) (regardless of category).
All authors will be notified of paper acceptance after the reviewing period is finished. There is no rebuttal process. Successful submissions will be asked to review carefully their paper and make any minor modifications requested by reviewers, before uploading the camera ready version. All accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion to IEEE Xplore (under negotiation).
In case of any questions regarding submission process please send an email to email@example.com.